Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version
Lr 6 standalone
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
Hi y'all,

I've used Lr for many years without a hitch. Yesterday I installed Lr 6 standalone. Had no issues installing, albeit even with license inserted it originally stayed in trial version until I put in the license number again. It copied the last catalog I was using in Lr 4 no problem or so I thought.

I am using a new external drive which I copied all my original RAW images w/xmp folders to. Did this with every previous version of Lr. When I add the images from the new drive to Lr 6, all labels and ratings are gone. Also it doesn't seem to show edits and psd files don't import/add on first try, though if I select a psd singly it will import.

It shows everything on another external drive I used previously in Lr 4, but import/add seems to be not working properly with Lr 6. :(

I'm on a iMac w/OS 10.9 Mavericks. Strangely, Lr 6 seems to be somehow connected to CC, which I do not have nor will I ever. Is there some setting I'm missing in this version that would cause these issues? Thanks in advance for any assistance to fix my issue!

Info_10

Charly
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Hi and thanks!

Not sure I'm following you. When you add a new drive, you have to: add folder > import > add folders correct? Or is it different with Lr 6?

Note: in Lr 6 all other drives show up along with collections etc. It's the new drive I'm having issues with not showing everything.

Info_10

Charly
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Howdy

Ah now I see where you're at. I think. LOL

I do not wish the MOVE the images from one drive to another. I have multiple drives with my images on them as backups. I am using a new drive and wish to add that along with all images I copied over to it.

One thing I just tried is to add the new drive and a few images in Lr 4. They also do not show everything, so perhaps it's an issue with the drive?

Info_10

Charly
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
First I'd like to thank Paul for trying to assist me! And my apologies for wasting anyone's time.

Update: I erased and formatted my new external drive. I copied 1 folder over to it from another external drive and tried out: import > add.

In both Lr 4 and Lr 6 everything is how it should be; now showing edits, labels and ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.