Missing import dialogue box in Lightroom 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetsarah

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
Hi
I upgraded to L.6 a while back and have never found out how to set up the Import dialogue box in a similar way to how it appeared in L.4. In L.4 when I clicked on Source (on the left) I got a box on the right hand side (Destination) which showed the dates and numbers of photos in each sub folder. This enabled me to easily select, for example, today's pics so that I only imported them. I don't get anything like this in L.6. The only boxes on the right pane are the TO window, File Handling and Apply During Import. When I look at Youtube tutorials for L.6 there is a Destination dialogue box which appears below Apply During Import. I don't have this currently and would appreciate any suggestions on how I might be able to get this dialogue box to appear by default.
Thanks everyone

There's a button in the lower right that collapses/expands the dialogue box:
2018-10-11 14_40_32-Window.jpg

Is that your problem?

Also, note Adobe disastrously introduced a new import dialog with the release of version 6.0. The result was not accepted pr pleasant and Adobe reverted to the previous import dialog by version 6.2 or so. You should be running the last update to the perpetual version of LR which is LR6.14

Also, note Adobe disastrously introduced a new import dialog with the release of version 6.0. The result was not accepted pr pleasant and Adobe reverted to the previous import dialog by version 6.2 or so. You should be running the last update to the perpetual version of LR which is LR6.14
If I remember correctly, that wasn’t with 6.0, but a little later. I think it was 6.2 and the old version returned with 6.3.

Hi
there is a Destination dialogue box which appears below Apply During Import. I don't have this currently and would appreciate any suggestions on how I might be able to get this dialogue box to appear by default.
Thanks everyone
It is possible you have some of the panels hidden from view.
Check this by a Right-Click on a visible panel header and check [Show All]
Update to 6.14 is also good advice!
ScreenShot358.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back