Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5.7
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Yesterday I think I clicked the wrong key or something, an iPhone image I was working on disappeared totally. So I went back to the phone, found the two-year old image and tried to import it again. It worked and was accepted by LR as a new image. But when I tried to put it back into the folder in LR from which it came from, it was rejected. The message I got was this one:

There was an error copying titles to the destination you selected. The following files could not be copied:
File already exists at the destination. (1)
2018-Suzhou-6588.JPG

So the image was in LR, hidden somewhere? I just don't understand. Any help would be appreciated.

What you probably did was remove the file from the catalog and not delete it. The file system won’t let you put two files with the same name in the same folder and this is the message that you got when you tried to move the new imported file.
The solution is to not re-import but to sync the folder in LrC where the original file still resides so that LrC can catalog the file that is already there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have LR5. Just want to be sure. Sync folder shows Import new photos (1) checked and Scan for metadata updates checked. Does it matter if I don't uncheck Scan for metadata updates before clicking Synchronize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back