• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Missing Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

diane121

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Operating System:Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):Lightroom CC 2015.12

I keep my photos on an external hard drive. When I opened lightroom today all of my photos folders were missing from lightroom. I can see the external hard drive on the left side of the screen but none of my folders are in it. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Hi Diane, and welcome to this forum!
Let's start troubleshooting a bit:
  1. Can you see folders and pictures using windows explorer?
  2. In lightroom, is it just the folders disappeared or also the pictures went missing / with a "?" sign?
Let us know!
Umberto

Hi Diane, and welcome to this forum!
Let's start troubleshooting a bit:
  1. Can you see folders and pictures using windows explorer?
  2. In lightroom, is it just the folders disappeared or also the pictures went missing / with a "?" sign?
Let us know!
Umberto
The folders are in explorer. They are not in Lightroom, no ? Sigh. If I say I want to import they show up as new files.

Hi Diane,
are the pictures shown in LR with a warning or are they totally missing?

If they are shown with a warning, it could be just a matter of re-mapping these folders correctly.
If no picture is shown in LR, I would assume you have accidentally opened a new catalog.

Hi Diane,

If they are shown with a warning, it could be just a matter of re-mapping these folders correctly.
If no picture is shown in LR, I would assume you have accidentally opened a new catalog.
Hi Diane,

Thank you I think you are right about a new catalog. How would I find the original catalog?

Aggg.....that did not work there was only one catalog on the list! This problem seems to have started after I did a update. I am wondering if it has something to do with Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic. I know I did not install Lightroom Cloud.

Sorry I do not know where you could have saved your catalog file. Try doing a search on the hard-drives for .lrcat files and see the results.

If you don't know where the catalog is, I assume you let LR put it in the default location, which is a Lightroom folder in the Pictures folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back