• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Missing file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon S

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lr Classic 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I recently found that several photos seemed to be missing from the folders they were previously in. They appear in "all photos", but have simply disappeared from their folder. I tried to re-import them from where they are stored on my Mac, but get a message to say "this is a suspected duplicate". I've also tried to drag them from all photos back to their original location, some have come over, but others will not - I get a message saying "this file already exists".

This had previously happened a few weeks ago with some other photos, then the next day they reappeared - I actually thought I must have imagined it until it happened again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

They show in all photos… what happens if you right click and show in folder?

I initially thought bug but 9.4 is ancient so unlikely to be the cause

Hi, thanks for replying. I've done that and it's taken me to another folder where they seem to be by themselves. I've no idea how that could be - it's not the end of the world -at least I know where they are now. The folder where they should be shows it should have 381 photos, but when I open it only 376. appear.

Yes I have an older version of Lr because I can't upgrade my Mac much past High Sierra as it's a 2011 model.

Great, now you've found them, you can always drag them back to the location of your choice.

Hi, yes I tried that already and get a message to say the file already exists at the destination.

Are these the only photos that are supposed to be in that folder? If so, you might want to use Finder to move the photos that are already there so it'll let you drag them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back