• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Missing DNGs XMPs Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramona

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.0 [ 1193777 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I sincerely hope someone here can help. I'm lost. I have just discovered on recovering several folders from backup that there are several with no DNGs, some with only XMPs and some with only JPGs. I'm here because LIghtroom was having conversion issues at one point, wouldn't convert on import, would half convert, would convert but left stray XMP files so I would often have to select and manually convert. My workflow is convert raw on import, work the raw files on the primary drive, export the jpgs I need to deliver into the same folder then move the folder to the external for storage. My Lighroom catalog is on my primary drive. I've been using Photoshop->Bridge->Lightroom for years. I had 371,000 images in my catalog. Timelapses add up fast. I've had a series of issues starting with recovering not quite two years worth of work from a G-Tech RAID formatted EXFAT that was scrambled by a brand new IMac with High Sierra. So I get everything lined out, about 2/3 recovered, still using the RAID after converting it to a regular drive. It recently crashed again but I have my work on Backblaze so I bought another drive and I'm now downloading. This is when I found the missing work. The IMac continues to be a problem also so I've replace the external drive, the IMac may be next.

I have just discovered on recovering several folders from backup that there are several with no DNGs, some with only XMPs and some with only JPGs

Hi Romana,

Sorry for your troubles. The above sounds as though the originals were somehow deleted and then BackBlaze backups recorded the status afterwards.

You should be able to browse back through your backup history for these directories on the BackBlaze server and look for time before these files went missing then restore from that time to your current hard drive.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back