• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Missing destination volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_19

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hello all, new here.

Lightroom has lost the ability to see two of my destination volumes and I do not know how to get Lightroom to "see" them again. Any help would be appreciated.

Please note that both volumes do not have permission issues. Both volumes are mounted and working properly. Screenshot attached

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 9.05.56 AM.jpg
and this one

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.16.26 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.16.26 AM.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 147
Lightroom is looking for that disk as if it was a folder on your Macintosh HD. If you leave the import dialog and go to the folder panel, you will probably see it there the same way. If so, right-click on the top folder in the path to the volume and choose ‘Hide this parent’. Repeat until the disk is the top folder. Then restart Lightroom and the disk should be back as a proper volume.

Lightroom is looking for that disk as if it was a folder on your Macintosh HD. If you leave the import dialog and go to the folder panel, you will probably see it there the same way. If so, right-click on the top folder in the path to the volume and choose ‘Hide this parent’. Repeat until the disk is the top folder. Then restart Lightroom and the disk should be back as a proper volume.
I really appreciate your reply but that did not work. I'm still noi seeing either of the two missing volumes. In the attached screenshot, I can select the missing volume using the choose destination at the top right corner of the import panel but the volume itself does not show up in the destination list of my volumes connected to my system. Any other thoughts perhaps? Thanks again though.
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.55.39 PM.jpg

This is odd. Your folder panel does not show this volume at all, which means that Lightroom does not have any imported images that are located on that volume, not even ‘missing’ images. I wonder how that can be if at the same time Lightroom says this used to be the destination folder, and shows it in the list of recent destination folders...

Did you perhaps forgot to mention that you upgraded to MacOS Catalina just before this happened?... If so, make sure that Lightroom has the necessary permissons. That is a new security feature in Catalina. You may even add it to ‘Full Disk Access’.

5EE4D5E1-8D00-46F3-8E93-018402A25F52.png

Catalina has been installed since it came out so it's not an upgrade issue. It was a data volume issue created by using and then fixed by using Carbon Copy Cloner. Don't know if I can explain the issue but it is related to Catalina and its' APFS file structure. Thanks for your help though.

I see my user folder. As I said, the issue was always with the Destination Panel not showing the two missing drives which are now back. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back