• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Missing Camera Serial Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Cockerill

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Noticed G15 serial numbers are not displayed. Other DSLR bodies are displayed. Is there a way to add the serial number info in LR 5.7?

Welcome to the forum.
Things like Serial numbers may be stored in the makers note field of the EXIF. The field does not have a standard parsed structure. As such, it probably was not reversed engineered by Adobe. You are probably outta luck. There are other metadata fields that you can use to record your own reference in LR

Thanks Cletus -- Yes there are work arounds. I'm going to try using Keywords and have a collection for 'searching by a serial number for G15'. Tried using metadata field 'comment' but didn't see ability to select either via a collection or search on that field. Will continue to look into alternate fields until I find the best one for me.

You are using a Macintosh. There is a Mac utility called 'EXIF Editor' that can be used to fill in the camera serial number. You would have to use this first, before you import the files into Lightroom. I would also think that there is a good chance that some EXIF editing plugin can do it after import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back