Missing all files after mistake at closing LR ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

royvonw

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 6
Operating System
Due to a fault during closing of LR6 the link between the catalog and the files has been changed (has happened once before .....)
Instead of searching for the location of the right catalog I wondered if I could fix my problem by simply setting back a back-up of Time Machine .
Because I never needed a TM-action in the 8 years of using my IMac this is new for me ....
Anyone who has experience with this situation and has some good advice ??

rrvw

Situation comparable with a former incident:
1527949818067.png

Dear Johan,
I've chosen the particular map 'LR' on the right date in TM, and now I see the text with choices:

'On the location on which you want to set back LR there's already exists an item with the same name. Do you want the existing item to be replaced by the item which you set back' :
-keep original
-keep both
-replace

I 'm in doubt whether there's not any chance to lose (parts of the) 17.000 files (photo's) ?
Can you give me support which choice to make to be quiet sure it will all be fine again ?

Thanks, Roy

(in Dutch:
op de locatie waarop u 'Lightroom' wilt terugzetten is al een onderdeel met dezelfde naam aanwezig.
Wilt u het bestaande onderdeel vervangen door het onderdeel dat u terugzet?
met keuzes:
- behoud origineel
- bewaar beide
- vervang)

Your catalog is a database. It's like an address book. It contains records of all your photos, but not the photos themselves. Just like your friends are not physically in your address book. So replacing your catalog with a backup copy cannot make you lose any photos, just like replacing your address book can not harm your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back