• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Migrating to CC - but what subcription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkoH

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am planning to micrate Classic to CC. I have a subcription including Classic, CC and 20 GB storage space. After migrate I like to change it to CC and 1 TB (no Classic).
I have pictures about 600 GB in Classic. How can I migrate those 600 GB with my 20 GB subcription? Should I already change it to 1 TB subcription (but without Classic)?

Migration is done by Lightroom CC. It reads the Lr Classic catalog and uploads all the images. In other words, Lightroom Classic itself is no longer needed at that point. That means you can first change your subscription, and then migrate.

A thing to be aware of is the amount of time the initial upload of your images could take, if you've not got a fast broadband connection. From memory, my 90GB library took about 18 hours to upload at around 8Mb/s.

A thing to be aware of is the amount of time the initial upload of your images could take, if you've not got a fast broadband connection. From memory, my 90GB library took about 18 hours to upload at around 8Mb/s.

I just changed backup software. The first full backup has been running for four days so far. But then I have 3TB of data to backup. I forgot how painful this is gonna be.

I just changed backup software. The first full backup has been running for four days so far. But then I have 3TB of data to backup. I forgot how painful this is gonna be.
Tom,

Which backup software? Desktop/NAS, or cloud?

Tom,
Which backup software? Desktop/NAS, or cloud?

iDrive, the cloud. I no longer keep a true local backup. I have a single local copy via OneDrive on another computer.
The "worst case" scenario is I lose a few days downloading, most common scenario is I download the few files I need on my just under gigabit connection.

Migration is done by Lightroom CC. It reads the Lr Classic catalog and uploads all the images. In other words, Lightroom Classic itself is no longer needed at that point. That means you can first change your subscription, and then migrate.
Thanks!

My upload speed is about 20-40 Mb/s, so I’m ready for 40 hours.

Slightly jealous of your upload speed Marko! ;) But well done for getting up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back