• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Migrating From Cloudy LR Back To Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD19

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 3.2.1 [ 20200403-1047-0e59df2 ] (Apr 3 2020)
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Has anyone attempted to return to the desktop version form the cloud based? If so, what steps did you take and can you share any tips/tricks?

The how to options are on page 364 in the latest release of your Edit Like a Pro book John. That may answer everything you need, but feel free to come back with additional questions if anything's unclear.

So I now have now keyworded all of mu albums in cloudy using the "album - Flowers 2019" that the book suggests. I'm now ready to save all the photos to one folder. Then when I import and move will they automatically be distributed to new folders by keyword or do I have to do something else? Thanks.

The how to options are on page 364 in the latest release of your Edit Like a Pro book John. That may answer everything you need, but feel free to come back with additional questions if anything's unclear.
So I now have now keyworded all of mu albums in cloudy using the "album - Flowers 2019" that the book suggests. I'm now ready to save all the photos to one folder. What would be the next steps? Also, maybe a better question is how do use the keyboarding that I did as described on page 364?
Thanks.

You do the import & move operation to get all the images into whatever folder structure you want to use (your only option at this stage is one of Classic's date-based folder schemes). Once the images are all imported, you can start the process of organising the images into the appropriate collections, using either static collections or smart collections. The basic process for static collections would be:

1. Create a collection in the Collections panel.
2. Use the Keywords List panel to find the keyword that you used which relates to the collection you just created, click on the right-pointing arrow at the right-hand side of the keyword.
3. That will populate the grid with all the images that have that keyword.
4. Cmd+A to select them all.
5. Drag from one of the selected images (from the image, not the grey border) and drop onto the collection in the Collections panel.
6. Repeat for all the others.
7. Later, if desired, you can organise the collections into Collection Sets.

Foe smart collections, it's slightly easier: Create the smart collection using the criteria "Keywords>Contains>keywordname", which will automatically populate the collection with all the images that have that specific keyword.

You do the import & move operation to get all the images into whatever folder structure you want to use (your only option at this stage is one of Classic's date-based folder schemes). Once the images are all imported, you can start the process of organising the images into the appropriate collections, using either static collections or smart collections. The basic process for static collections would be:

1. Create a collection in the Collections panel.
2. Use the Keywords List panel to find the keyword that you used which relates to the collection you just created, click on the right-pointing arrow at the right-hand side of the keyword.
3. That will populate the grid with all the images that have that keyword.
4. Cmd+A to select them all.
5. Drag from one of the selected images (from the image, not the grey border) and drop onto the collection in the Collections panel.
6. Repeat for all the others.
7. Later, if desired, you can organise the collections into Collection Sets.

Foe smart collections, it's slightly easier: Create the smart collection using the criteria "Keywords>Contains>keywordname", which will automatically populate the collection with all the images that have that specific keyword.
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back