• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Migrating from Aperture to Lightroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarathonMax

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I am currently examining the possibility to switch from Aperture 3 to Lightroom 3. The details of which I will explain in a different thread.
I am currently looking for best practices to do so and start on a good footing.
For example, I have exported all masters from my managed library using a "Year/Month/Project" hierarchy. This pretty much reflected the folder structure I had in AP3.
The export process created the NEF (RAW) files along with large JPGs.
Question 1: Do I need to keep the JPG files? Or can I delete them?
Question 2: Will LR3 "see" 2 pics if I keep the JPG file or will it link it to the NEF master file?
Question 3: What happens to the post-processing jobs I did in AP3? Is this lost?
Many thanks.

Max
maxphotoblog.net

Status
Not open for further replies.