• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Migrated library to Cloud, Can I now remove my local images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Clulow

Photographer | Retoucher
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Latest.
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,

I migrated my entire Classic Library to the Lightroom standard app. It's made a local copy and it's now in the process of uploading them to the cloud. Basically, I want to have my library only exist in the cloud. Once this process is snyc'd what are my next steps to keep my lightroom experience purely in the cloud?

Thanks,

Don't touch LR Cloudy's copy of the originals. Just go to its Preferences > Local Storage and set the percentage to 0%. That'll keep a minimum locally. For your Classic copy, you can delete/move that off to backups etc. although if you're going to delete, I'd wait till everything's safely uploaded. (Personally I'd still keep at least one local copy, just because nothing is ever entirely safe)

Hey, Thanks for the response.

I would be keeping a local back up for disaster purposes but initially, I want to just have my library in the cloud only.

Great, yes, that should do it. You might want to think about keeping smart previews locally for performance, but that's your call.

So now migration is complete. The upload process is going to take about 8 days to transfer almost 1TB. Thing is it's saying after just a few hours the cloud storage is already at 1TB. There is no way its uploaded that volume in just a few days. So basically its a calculation of how much space is going to be used for this process. So my question now is where do I see a status of what is actually backed up vs what's not.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back