• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwentzel

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
For the past few years my catalog shows all my photos first as a NEF file +- 23000 Kb and below each one a xmp file +- 9kb.
However for the past month the catalog only shows a small picture of the NEF file.
Something has obviously change. I must have done something. How do I get back to saving the xmp file with each photo..
Thanks.

A couple of questions @Rwentzel
  • Where are you looking? The NEF file and XMP are stored in the directory you chose to ADD or MOVE the photos to during an import.
  • If the XMP file is no longer showing, check Edit -> Catalog Settings -> 'Automatically Write Changes to XMP' is selected.
  • "However for the past month the catalog only shows a small picture of the NEF file". Do you mean the file is smaller or the displayed image is smaller? If the latter, then the size of the image is controlled in File Explorer View.

A couple of questions @Rwentzel
  • Where are you looking? The NEF file and XMP are stored in the directory you chose to ADD or MOVE the photos to during an import.
  • If the XMP file is no longer showing, check Edit -> Catalog Settings -> 'Automatically Write Changes to XMP' is selected.
  • "However for the past month the catalog only shows a small picture of the NEF file". Do you mean the file is smaller or the displayed image is smaller? If the latter, then the size of the image is controlled in File Explorer View.
Thanks Paul, made the tick on Automatically Write Changes to XMP and all the recent photos with missing XMP files have been added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back