Status
Not open for further replies.

phrank

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
hi,
i times of social media it’s more and more important to annotate images.
in terms of social media to use hashtags.

i’m searching for a plugin / script / app to convert automatically IPTC data like metadata like keywords, sublocation, description, headline to hashtags on export.

does anybody have a workaround or solution?

Are you just exporting the photos to the hard drive? If so, where would you want those hashtags stored?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might be able to do it for Instagram with the LrInstagram plugin; I think you can make a template that might convert keywords, although I haven't explored it, and just add then manually to the caption. LR/Instagram - Lightroom Publish Plugin for Instagram The Search Replace Transfer plugin by Mr. Beardsworth might work, depending on where you wanna put the hashtags. AFAIK they don't have a standardized locale in image files.

When i use EXPORT [include all Metadata] file option in LR Classic CC 7.0.1 Release ... i found #hashtag metadata is not exported !!! rest others are being exported. What could be wrong ? anyone to help please.

I seem to recall it's a publish service; I'm not sure it includes the hashtags when using File>Export. Does it work for you when you publish to Instagram?

I seem to recall it's a publish service; I'm not sure it includes the hashtags when using File>Export. Does it work for you when you publish to Instagram?
Thanks Rob ... I figured out where the problem was. yes i am using LR/Instagram and #hashtag is the field from it. Now when i directly publish my RAW file to LR/Instagram, it works perfectly fine, but when i export to a jpeg file, hashtag field information is not included in the metadata [probably because its not LR field].

the reason i wanted to export to jpeg is to have file with a low resolution on my FB and IG Accounts. any other way around will be appreciated.

can do that but then every time i change the place for publish needs to reenter the information. e.g. when post to 500px in full resolution need to copy paste information again.

also this method will need me to every time enter information again at the time of posting.

I understand that Instagram is no longer allowing uploads directly from other software, including LR - LR/Instagram plugin just starting giving an error | Adobe Community . So as a workaround I exported my edited photos to the desktop and then transferred the photos to my phone via USB for uploading into Instagram. However, I find that the hashtags I entered into the photo's metadata are not included in the export. I am exporting the photos as JPEGs. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or for a workaround (to my workaround)?

When I try to use the Instagram plugin in Lightroom I get an error message. When I try to access the plug in settings I get a popup message that states "Facebook no longer allows sharing from desktop applications". This was as of August 1, 2018. So perhaps you are using the CC version of LR? It is definitely not working on PC.

I was using version 1524, so reloaded the new version - 1594 and it is working perfectly. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated! The very specific error messages I was getting threw me off.

I think I can help you there. At the very end of the metadata in the Library, you will find a space to enter hashtags - labelled LR/Instagram. Be sure to separate them with commas. Then right click on the plugin, select edit settings and in Preferences, Instagram Caption, select one of the options that contains #Hashtag. For groups of hashtags that I use often, I keep a word document and just copy and paste them into the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back