• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Metadata Says "File Not Found" in the File Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbeischer

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
I am running LR Classic, ver. 12.1, on Mac and my photos that are served from my NAS device are reporting "File Not Found" in the "File Size" space. The files are there, full size, in the directory that LR is pulling the photos from. I have tried syncing the folder, but nothing changed.

I have EXIF and IPTC selected for Metadata.

Any ideas why only the "File Size" shows that "File Not Found"? I have xmp sidecar, and all other metadata is correct, including the Dimensions. Is there a way to refresh the xmp to rescan the file metadata?

Thank you,
Chris

I did try hard to repro this, with no success. What does, for example, Bridge report? And if you copy the same file to a local folder, do you get the same results?

Also, does the menu command Library > Find All Missing Photos report those files as missing?

Hi all,

I'm encountering the same issue as cbeischer, actually; I stumbled across this post when doing a search on the topic. My files are on an external drive as well, except directly connected instead of on a NAS. It doesn't happen for all files, just certain ones.

Out of curiosity, I ran the Find All Missing Photos task, and Lightroom does not report them as being missing, and if I click "Show in Finder" for these images, they are found within Finder. The "exclamation point" to indicate a missing file is not showing up on each tile, either, but the metadata panel is showing "File Not Found" next to "File Size" on the panels which show that piece of data.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
I think this may have to do with bugs in how recent versions of LR cache metadata for faster display in Grid view. Please try these steps:

1. In Catalog Settings > General, click Show to open Finder / File Explorer on the current catalog folder.

2. In the catalog folder, delete the file "<catalog> Helper.lrdata".

3. Restart LR -- it will rebuild the Helper.lrdata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back