• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Metadata preset removes keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

xetmarcr

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1
Operating System
After importing numerous photos and assigning keywords I added a metadata preset to add a location to all photos. As soon as I did that the keywords for those images were removed. The keywords remained on the keyword list but they were removed from those photos, so I had to assign the keywords again.

It seems that the keywords will remain with the photos as long as I assign them after adding a metadata preset.

I'm wondering if someone can confirm this behavior or if it's just on my system?

Thank you!

It almost always means that in your Metadata Preset you have checked the Keywords box, and the Keywords box is empty. That actually tells Lightroom to apply a zero keyword state when you apply that preset (i.e. remove any existing keywords). Edit your preset to make sure that you ONLY check the items that you wish to apply....everything else should be unchecked.

Thank you Jim! After looking at the preset I noticed that the Keywords box was all the way at the bottom. I didn't even know that the box was checked! I've been using that preset for quite awhile and I don't remember having this problem until recently.
I'll have to take a look at the other Metadata presets, too.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back