• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Metadata lost on Lightroom 22.1.1 when exporting to different size

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlad

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I went to search for recently archived images with certain camera information, only to find that information missing from the archived images.
I archive images by making sure all the edits are done, then select them all and do a Ctrl-S to save metadata on all of them, then I select Export with these parameters:
Camera info lost on export 001.jpg

Wouldn't all fit on screen so here's the lower part with metadata:

Camera info lost on export 01.jpg

As shown I have opted to include All Metadata.

That is a standard export preset I have used for a long time and it makes smaller (12"x12" @240) jpgs from them whether they are RAW, TIFF, JPEG, or DNG. That's all I need since editing is done and that size is good enough for whatever I need from those old files.

With all metadata selected I did not expect I would lose all the camera specific information, but it is all gone. No make, model, serial#, shutter speed, aperture, lens information ...NOTHING, ALL GONE.
Camera info lost on export 02.jpg

This has occurred on several months worth of photos that I just archived after updating, and the originals are gone since I delete those from the original folder on completion, and move the fully baked 12x12 images from the sub-folder "Archived JPGS" into the now empty original folder.

I'm very upset that this would have happened with those export settings. To me ...this is a MAJOR problem.

It DID NOT HAPPEN with earlier versions of Lightroom. I've been doing this for some time but had missed some months in certain years so so began working on those in spare time recently so I'd have fully baked versions in my archives. I was doing that late yesterday and would have lost more if my wife hadn't pulled me away for dinner.

Earlier versions of LR worked fine with that preset now suddenly it doesn't work!! Here's the data from one exported Feb 16 with the LR 10.1:

Camera info not lost on export 01 LR 22.0.jpg

What the heck is going on Adobe??

Solution
Hi all.
Now it is working again for me. I rebooted my laptop and went to that image and now the metadata is all showing the way it should. Not sure what is going on but at least it is working. I had shut down last evening so was on a fresh boot when it happened. Seems LR needs to be booted in the butt twice to start working properly.

Hopefully it won't lose it again!.
Hi all.
Now it is working again for me. I rebooted my laptop and went to that image and now the metadata is all showing the way it should. Not sure what is going on but at least it is working. I had shut down last evening so was on a fresh boot when it happened. Seems LR needs to be booted in the butt twice to start working properly.

Hopefully it won't lose it again!.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back