Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
LrC 9.4 Raw 12.4
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Question first, will explain why second.

1. Is there an easy way to update metadata, or better to automatically (development, key words, etc) in Lightroom Classic, other than going to each individual image and clicking 'metadata was changed externally...' warning symbol. And/or vis versa lighroom to the xmp file aside from going image by image and saving? Maybe settings or a plugin I have missed?

2. Why? Because I have a Johnny Cash Mac (ref 'One Piece at a Time Automobile'). Its a great machine but is reaching retirement, and with mac coming up with the new chip AGAIN, I can't see buying a new one until they actually do it, instead of talking about it. More ram would probably fix the issue butting more money into this machine doesn't seem to make sense if it can be avoided. It just can't run Lightroom smoothly. Eliminating LcR from my workflow isn't really an option (nor is a pc (Yet. But if they keep soldering in the memory and all its parts it maybe #&%@ APPLE %&#@... but I digress.)). At the end of the day, or even the beginning of the day, or even the middle of the night, it just doesn't have the speed or power to run LrC smoothly after the past few updates. I have done everything I can think of, or google, to boost the speed, and it is better, the death ball stops showing its ugly face, but still skips and lags in adjustments. After a bit of experimenting, I have found that changing from using LrC as a hub, to Bridge and PS for most adjustments and LrC for import, catalog, and link with LR to iPad. The problem is I probably spend as much time picking through each image deciding which needs to be updated and in which direction, to lightroom or to the file as I do waiting for the LrC tools and adjustments. This seems like a very simple issue to fix but from all my searching google and adobe I have not found a solution.