Metadata disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

ann.kilbey

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi. I am currently adding metadata to a series of photographs, different metadata for each image. This works fine for about 6 images and then having typed something into the title or caption field, when I hit the enter key the data disappears. If I rub out the programme the same thing happens, after a few images where the data is stored ok suddenly data for the next one disappears. Has anybody else come across this problem?

Occasionally when I am adding a keywords to a batch of photos I find that the keywords are no longer being saved to the individual files.
But that if I simply close and re-open Lightroom that thereafter keywords will be added to the photos as normal.
This seems to happen when I have been doing a lot of work on my catalogue in one session, so is I guess something to do refreshing a memory cache or suchlike.
But can't say I've ever noticed such error after only adding metadata to a small number of files, so doubt if this will help with your problem.
However it may be worth checking you have adequate memory available for Lightroom to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back