• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Metadata Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

david.stegmann

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Web Desktop (4.1)
Operating System
Dear all, anybody know how to copy caption, location, date/time from one photo to (many) others?

In Library
  1. Select the photo with the Metadata you want to copy
  2. Select Metadata->Copy Metadata
  3. In the pop-up window, select the metadata fields you want to copy
  4. Click copy
  5. Select the target photos
  6. Select Metadata->Past Metadata
You may need other steps depending on the date/times you want to change.

Another way is to select all the images in the Grid (the source image and all the target images), but make sure that the source is the "most seelected" image. Then click on the Sync Metadata button at the bottom of the right-hand panel. Select which metadata items you want to sync and clock on the Synchronise button.

Jim, wrong Lightroom.

Jim, wrong Lightroom.
LOL....a good start to the year!

Which means the answer is that it can't easily be done. All that can be done is to apply metadata to multiple selected images by typing in the required metadata. Alternatively, highlight one field on the source image and use Cmd/Ctrl+C to copy it, then select all the target images and Cmd/Ctrl+V to paste the data....then repeat for every other field.

Unless you know of an easier way, John?

Dates can ony be changed by using the Edit Date & Time command.

LOL....a good start to the year!

Which means the answer is that it can't easily be done. ...
I was not sure how to answer the Lightroom (cloudy) question so I decided to wait for Jim’s answer since he is most knowledgeable about Lightroom cloudy.
When I use Tapatalk, I don’t get to see which OS the user has and have learned NOT to respond via Tapatalk unless I am share whether the question is about LR or LrC. More than once I have been corrected by Jim because I missed the Lr/LrC distinction. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back