• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Library module Meta Data error

Mike59

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 11.0 Big Sur
Today when I opened LRcc and looked in the folder structure I have, and then opened a folder some pictures load ok but many stay blank and on check the !mark I get "unknown error writing meta data to this photo". this happens with many folders.
My photos are stored on dropbox and Lrcat is on my hard drive. one thing I did yesterday was carry out a sync of my dropbox picture folder from within Lr can you give me some guidance on what has gone wrong and how to correct.

PDF of screen attached
Many thanks
Mike

Attachments

• Lr Cat error.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi Mike, any chance you have Dropbox's smart sync turned on? That doesn't store all files locally, so Lightroom wouldn't be able to access them to build previews.