• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Message when closing Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssls4143

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Or 8.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help. Every time I close Lightroom I get a message that it is still syncing 1 photo, “Do I still want to quit Lr?” I now ignore the message and close. I have previously tried waiting it out but found that was an endless wait. How can I find this photo that the program is obviously stuck on?

Hi sssls4143, welcome to the forum!

If you go to Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom and sign into your account, does it show a Sync Errors collection top left? If so, look inside. The most likely suspect is a photo started uploading to the cloud from another device (e.g. phone) but didn't finish uploading, so Classic's trying to download half a file and can't complete.

What shows in Preferences - Lightroom sync? Is there a photo showing in the Activity?

Okay. So, if you click on one it'll take you to it; try doing s simple edit, repeat for the other. See if that frees things up!

Find them in their folder (so click on them) and just delete from there.

I notice that LR mobile says 1727 photos but my laptop LR Classic says 1723 in sync preferences. The main screen still says 1 photo syncing.

I notice that LR mobile says 1727 photos but my laptop LR Classic says 1723 in sync preferences. The main screen still says 1 photo syncing.
Is the one syncing one of the ones you deleted? What shows in Preferences?

Also, are there any videos in Cloud? That causes a difference between the two (Classic doesn't sync up to the cloud videos)

Paul: I have deleted the photos showing up as "Pending" in sync activities everywhere that I found them. Still, the program says "syncing 1 photo". When I click on the pending files, it still shows me the two photos on Safari, even though I have removed them from every folder they were in. It is very frustrating, and I am prepared to live with the little message since I have not been able to cure it.

Have you opened LR on your iPhone recently? It looks like those are waiting to finish uploading to the cloud.

yes. Nothing is there, and they have been available since 4/2108. The message is always the same "1 photo syncing". And I have now deleted the photos in question, which were originally taken on the iPhone, from my laptop and hard drive, from LR Classic on my laptop, and from the phone. The only way I can see them now is by clicking on the pending message which takes me to Safari. BTW, these photos were taken to help find replacement bushes for our yard, so the photos are totally inconsequential and I have no need for them now. I would just like to get rid of the message. AND, I do appreciate your efforts.

A long shot, but go to the web version and click on Deleted. Then try selecting these couple of photos and deleting them completely from the cloud trash and see if that does the trick.

Thanks again . I no longer have any pending messages in the Sync Preferences, but still have the message that 1 photo is syncing! Some progress but not what I was hoping for.

Did you delete them from Deleted in the cloud? If so, these two photos are not the issue. If you've done that and it still says it's syncing 1, go to Preferences > Lightroom Sync tab, hold down the Opt key and click the Diagnostic Log button that appears, then Show in Finder and email it to me and I'll see if I can spot the problem photo.

Victoria I am back home and will attach the diagnostic log, which is long and doesn't mean much to me. There is no choice to "show in finder." I am on Mac and don't see any trash basket on iCloud that I can delete. Am I missing it? Can't find anywhere b ut here is the log. Many thanks.

Attachments

• Lightroom Sync Diagnostic Log.pdf
    195.2 KB · Views: 305
Yes. I found them and they were still there. Now deleted. I will check my Lightroom Classic for the infamous message.

You could try rebuilding the Sync.lrdata file....go back to Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab, press and hold the Opt key and click on "Rebuild Sync Data".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back