Matting Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobae

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Is there an easy way to get LR 6 to automatically shrink a photo so that the output provides an 1/8" border for matting? I have a series of 4x4" shots but I have no room to crop larger, so I'd like LR to shrink the photo to 3.75x3.75, center it, and still give me a 4x4" output jpg.

Thanks!
Dan

Dan, have you tried reducing the dimensions in the Print module, under "Layout?" Just move the Cell Size sliders to the left as far as necessary.
Hope this helps.

Dan, have you tried reducing the dimensions in the Print module, under "Layout?" Just move the Cell Size sliders to the left as far as necessary.
Hope this helps.

Can the Print module output to a file? I've never used it before because I always send out files to be printed elsewhere, as I would be this time.

Can the Print module output to a file? I've never used it before because I always send out files to be printed elsewhere, as I would be this time.
Yes, you can print to JPEG.

Yes, as Johan just stated. Go to the Print Module, select the "Print Job" pane. The first menu item is "Print To." Click on the up/down arrow, and choose "JPEG File." You'll be led through some menu choices; I usually choose my Desktop as the destination for the JPEG file, but you can select any other file destination that's convenient.

Hope this helps. But do let me urge you to take up printing your own images; you're leaving half of Lightroom on the table otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back