• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Matching rejected jpegs with RAW counterpart

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilGF

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
When I cull through my images I do so by viewing just the jpegs.

When done culling, before I can delete the rejected images I must also match the RAW files. Simple manual process but with so many images this becomes a waste of time and tiresome.

Is there a way I can filter these rejected photos to pull up their RAW counterparts for easy deletion?

Thanks

Or my Syncomatic plugin which copies metadata between matching files.

Line them up side by side in the grid?

It might be worth questioning the use of the JPEGs for culling, rather than importing with the embedded+sidecar preview option.

I'm viewing the jpgs since I shoot with a Fuji and I'm using film simulation. This was I can pick the no-goes while I get to view if I like the simulation.

I mainly shoot with a Fuji and the embedded+sidecar option means I see the film simulation. There's a LR preference for using camera settings too rather than Adobe profiles.

Also, Fuji raw files don't contain a full size preview so shooting raw+jpeg and importing embedded+sidecar means I review full size previews which LR gets from the jpeg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back