• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Massive LrC to LrM sync stuck at 1,758 photos for days

Status
Not open for further replies.

eschurr

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. Android
i want all of my photos in LrC to be available in LrM, so i created a collection in LrC, put all of my photos in it, and synced it. It worked for a bit, but now it's just stuck with no progress.

1. the collection in LrC has 37,699 photos
2. LrC reports that it is "Syncing 1,758" photos for days with no progress.
3. when i open the Preferences window, it shows no sync activity (0 uploading, 0 downloading, 0 pending)
4. On my Galaxy S20 Ultra, the synced album says "7162 or 35,942" with a blue progress bar that is only about 1/6th of the way filled. Note that the difference between this album's size (35,942) and the mirrored collection in LrC (37,699) is almost exactly the same number that LrC says it is syncing.
5. the only time the" X of Y" number in LrM changes is when i open the app and look at it. Does LrM only sync when the app is open?

I'm guessing LrC might be waiting for LrM to catch up (or something). i've tried to check to see if the files have made it to the cloud, but it's impossible to do with 37,000 photos.

Any suggestions or ideas?

thanks.

Logon onto your cloud account at lightroom.adobe.com and open the Deleted collection to see if there are images in there still trying to sync (i.e. they were deleted before they had fully synced, so are now "stuck").

thanks! there are 1.164 images in the Deleted collection. If they are (part of) the stuck photos, what do i do?

You should be able to scroll the deleted items to see if any are displaying a "trying to sync" message. If you find any, then delete them manually rather than waiting for the 60 day period to expire. If you don't find any, then that isn't the cause of your stuck syncing.

Does LrM only sync when the app is open?

My experience on iPhone and iPad is that this is right. When I am setting up a new device which requires downloading all my 79k smart previews I change the settings so that it never auto locks and leave the LR app open.

This was touched on in another thread which I will try and find and post the link.

This was touched on in another thread which I will try and find and post the link.

Victoria confirmed this in post#10 of this thread
iPad stuck synchronising one item

In reply to my question "I have the "prevent from sleep" setting on but it seems like it only syncs while Lightroom app is on and is the foreground app"

She replied: "Foreground app, yes. The OS kicks background apps out of active usage."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back