• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

"Masking comes to Lightroom with Max Releases!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnrellis

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 11
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I saw "Masking comes to Lightroom with Max Releases!" in my email inbox, and, sigh, my very first thought was:

masking.png

:p:p:pthe covid effect!!!

I’m relieved to say early reports of bugs look pretty good but we’ll see what is yet to come…

:p:p:pthe covid effect!!!

I’m relieved to say early reports of bugs look pretty good but we’ll see what is yet to come…
Are there any bug reports that should be posted here?

Are there any bug reports that should be posted here?
Nothing of note when I last checked in with management a couple of hours ago. Mobile crashes possibly on iOS13, possibly a rare problem with catalog upgrades, and a cosmetic issue on Lightroom Desktop. Early reports suggest the Max launch is the cleanest I’ve known in years.

Nothing of note when I last checked in with management a couple of hours ago. Mobile crashes possibly on iOS13, possibly a rare problem with catalog upgrades, and a cosmetic issue on Lightroom Desktop. Early reports suggest the Max launch is the cleanest I’ve known in years.
That's excellent news. I guess I'll upgrade both desktop and laptop as soon as I get home.

I have been pushing the new masking on LR Classic on a lot of photos today.
So far, so good. I really like the new design of add and subtract masks.
I have not done a lot of intersections yet.
I next have to compare the "select subject" to that of PS. On a simple subject, it is just great.

My roundtrips to PS have just decreased.

Jim

Adobe staff fixed the blurred images on screen two bug, finally. I can now use my large monitors as they were meant to be used. Nice upgrade from 10.1.1 to 11.

I have been pushing the new masking on LR Classic on a lot of photos today.
So far, so good. I really like the new design of add and subtract masks.
I have not done a lot of intersections yet.
I next have to compare the "select subject" to that of PS. On a simple subject, it is just great.

My roundtrips to PS have just decreased.

Jim
I just crashed LRC in a roundtrip to PS. However, I have not yet been able to reproduce it.
I'll try again later.

I just crashed LRC in a roundtrip to PS. However, I have not yet been able to reproduce it.
I'll try again later.
I have also had a few crashes using the new masking tools on my LRC/MacOS Monteray today! Have almost never seen any LR crashes before for many years :mad:

I just tried a run to PS and and back it was OK.

I have gone back and forth as well with no problems.
This was one particular use of sky mask edit in LR, send to PS for sky replacement. Then back to LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back