• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Marking photos for deletion question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwarf4ever

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello
i have been going through a collection, deletingvarious photos from the collection, however i wish i had instead moved them to a new collection, so i can check later, if i have removed the wrong ones. I have untagged all the tagged photos in the folder etc, so now have no record, i still have the original collection, is there a way of identifying the ones in the original collection that are not in the one i am editing

Thanks

My approach to this question might be-
One Collection only (for the purpose),
Flag [P] all photos in the Collection,
Set a Filter for all Flagged photos, (thus ALL in Collection will appear.)
Then UnFlag the photos I do not want visible. (Thus only flagged photos remain apparent.)

This is simply using the Filter to Show/Hide photos in the one Collection. No 'Deleting' involved.

is there a way of identifying the ones in the original collection that are not in the one i am editing
you can create a Smart Collection (SC) with two rules. One rule would be true if the images was in the Original Collection and rule 2 would be that is is not in the colleciont you're editing.
1663366323195.png

That’s excellent, but unfortunately this is now after the event, I have already removed a lot of photos from the collection and cleared the deletion flag elsewhere, so I don’t think it’s possible to subtract what I have left in the new collection from the original collection to see what I removed ‍♀️

Making sense of your post-
Do you still have two Collections?
A) Original Collection with ALL photos, and
B) New Collection (Left-overs).

1) 'Open' the A) Original Collection and UN-Flag All : [Ctrl+A]>
2) 'Open' the B) New Collection
3) Flag as 'Picked' all images in B) Collection : [Ctrl+A]>[P]
4) 'Open' the A) Collection again
You then are viewing both Picked and Un-Picked images.
5) Filter the A) Collection for either the P or U flag. (U-picked are the "removed" photos)

thanks didn’t see that, should have been obvious, could I do the same by marking collection B with a colour, then sorting Collection A without a colour ?, there always seems to be a way of doing anything in Lightroom Classic.

thank you

could I do the same by marking collection B with a colour, then sorting Collection A without a colour ?,
Yes. As long as there was no 'carry-over' of previous colour settings made to the photos, for another purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back