• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Maps (folders) in Lr mobile in iPad Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldvdvoorst

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom for iPad Pro
Operating System
  1. iOS
I use Lr on my iPad pro.

Since I work with Lr on my iPad Pro I am wondering where the maps with the Raws, are located in the Lr App. I can only see the photos in the albums but there is no map in the APP.

I m asking this because I will save the Raws on an extern harddisk after editing. Maybe I have to do this before editing.

Hope to get an explanation how this works.
Thank you

To avoid confusion, "Maps" = "Folders".

The raws are imported into the app's space on the device and you cannot see inside that space. If you want to save the files to that external disc, I think you'll have to do so outside LrMobile.

One more question.
Is it also possible to send a Raw photo from Lr to a map on the iPad or extern hard disk?
Using the accepted English Terminology, a folder is what you are calling a "map". Since iOS 13.x , there has been an included "Files" app for the iPad. This permits access to an internal file storage area that is separate from any App storage. Each app operates in a "sandbox" so that the data is not shared between apps. The "files" process allows each app to share a copy if it's internal data (files) with other apps. In Lightroom for the iPad there is a "Share" button. One of the options is "Export to files". You can attach an external storage device to your iPad and Export an original or a JPEG to a folder on the external device.

Last edited:
You aren't the first Dutch speaker to confuse us English speakers by referring to "maps"!

I m Dutch right, sorry for the misunderstanding

Yes I understood that. Since Lightroom Classic has a mapping module, It seemed reasonable to clarify and amend the title of the post.

More importantly, do you have a clear understanding of exporting your originals to an external drive based upon my explanation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No sorry, it's just the fun of different languages. I once trained clients in Milan and used the word "il topo" as it's Italian for mouse , but it was only later over dinner that they told me that with computing they use the word "mouse".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back