• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Map module on 4k monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

d.harper.meek

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm using a laptop with attached 4k monitor. I usually use Lightroom on the 4k monitor, and the laptop screen for other open programs. When I open the map module on the 4k screen, the map does not fill the center panel, leaving portions of the prior module screen still visible. More critically, the locations on the map are inaccurate. When i start lightroom on the HD laptop screen, all is OK...
Anyone else run into this? Is a local issue or a real bug?
Thanks...

"More critically, the locations on the map are inaccurate. When i start lightroom on the HD laptop screen, all is OK..."

If by "inaccurate", do you mean when you drag a photo to place it on the map, it gets placed in the wrong position? If so, see these workarounds:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/phot...t[settings][reply_id]=18932587#reply_18932587
Also, please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little bit more likely Adobe will (finally) prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

When I open the map module on the 4k screen, the map does not fill the center panel, leaving portions of the prior module screen still visible.
Try disabling the GPU by setting the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

Regardless of whether that helps, make sure you have the most recent graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

I'm new here so please bear with me.
Where is / how to post to - the bug report?
I'm current ( Within a month) on GPU driver. GPU processor has no effect..
The accuracy issue is really funny. The CTRL click ( your link) does fix the immediate issue on my 4k monitor. This doesn't fix the two inches of the map module center panel that isn't re-drawn and continues to show the prior module elements.
If i launch Lightroom on HD screen, all is well. If I launch it on 4k screen, and drag to HD screen, the problem occurs.
( I do have font scaling set to make text readable on 4K screen. When i drag to HD screen, the text does not re-scale to the new screen, so that might be part of the issues..)
There is some real bug here. Got to be a bug to not re-draw the entire map screen, even if it's a black bar to cover previous module if the map is too small. The control-click requirement to do an accurate pin drop may or may not be related, but still a bug...
Thanks for Help.

Looks like LR has long had problems with multiple displays with different font scaling:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/phot...cross-monitors-with-different-scaling-factors

To add a reply to one of these bug reports, you must sign in to the feedback forums, using your Adobe ID (the same as you use to log into the Creative Cloud):
1595643154871.png

If you use Safari, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back