• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Managing cloud storage round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne Bury

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2 and LR Mobile
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I see there has been another thread on this topic, but I think this is a different twist. After ensuring all the photos that I've loaded from LR mobile (phone and iPad) are safely stored on a hard drive on my iMac, I've removed all photos from "All Synced Photographs". But LR tells me I'm still using some of my 20GB in the cloud - some 695 MB. This isn't much, but I'm trying to make sure I really understand what's in storage in the cloud. How can I find out what's still using space in the cloud?

A couple of things you could check:

1. Videos imported into any of the Lightroom "cloud" apps, such as Mobile, will upload to the cloud and from there sync down into Classic. However, after arriving in Classic they are "unsynced" there, so will not appear in the All Synced Photographs collection but will still exist in the cloud (and thus will still take up some of your cloud allowance). Opening any of the cloud apps and checking the All Photos total will tell you if that's the case.

2. Check your Creative Cloud Files folder (in the root of your User directory), to see if you have put some files in there. The Creative Cloud Files operates like a Dropbox-style file sharing system, and while it's independent of the Lightroom photo-syncing it does share the same cloud storage space. So you could have zero photos in the cloud, yet have some of your space used up by files that you've put into the Creative Cloud Files folder.

Thanks. I've checked all my devices. There was one small video still on one device (3 seconds...), and I've removed that which did reduce storage by 15MB. I've check the creative cloud folder on my iMac. And confirmed there was also nothing in the creative cloud folder on my old MacBook Pro. I still have 670 MB of data in the cloud. As I said earlier, this isn't a lot, but I'm seeking to understand what uses my cloud allowance. Is there anyway to look on-line to see what's actually there?

You can logon to your account at lightroom.adobe.com in any browser, that will show you if any photo/video assets are still in your cloud space. For a look into your creative cloud space, open the Creative Cloud app and click on the cloud icon to the left of your avatar in the top right corner, then click on the "Creative Cloud web" button bottom right of the resulting dialog box. That'll open the link in a browser, then click on the"Your Work" tab in the top menu, and then you can noodle around to see if you have any content showing in your cloud space,

If the results of both investigations are negative, then you'll need to contact Adobe Customer Care to see if they can figure it out.

Thanks very much. Interesting. Turns out, the files that were there were ones that I had worked on in PS Mobile. They were in my deleted folder on my device and in the cloud, but not "permanently deleted. Using PS Mobile consumes your creative cloud storage. So that's news to me I guess, but makes sense. The tricky bit seems to be deleting them from the cloud (I would have done the first "delete" in February). You have to do that one at a time. I'll be making a suggestion about a better way to manage. (looks like I have to do the permanent delete both on the device and in the cloud) Even after deleting all these files, I'm still left with 22MB of data in the cloud, but I'm not going to spend time worrying about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back