• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Making the filter selections stay when changing Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogsonl

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC version: 2.1.1 [ 20181211-1217-31970e4 ] (Dec 11 2018)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I would like to be able to change albums without manually setting the filter each time. I have selected for Reject for those images I will eventually delete, and marked with one star those which have been assigned to one or more albums. As I make a second pass through my albums, I have to repetitively re filter which wastes time and is annoying.
Classic has this capability, does CC?
This is even more apparent when you are searching for pictures related to one of a group of pictures since re-selecting a dozen people every time makes filtering impossible.

In the Grid module there is a little padlock icon in the very right of the filter bar. Click this so the padlock is closed. If the Filter bar is not visible press the "\" (backslash) key to toggle it on and off. This will cause the current filter settings to stay when selecting different sources from the left panel.

-louie

Right, it was learning about the former (Classic) capability that led me to ask about the latter capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back