• Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The February 2018 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Enhance Detail. Lightroom CC has lots of big improvements on the desktop, including HDR Merge, Panorama Merge, Targeted Adjustment Tool and more. The Lightroom Queen eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you using Lightroom CC on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV or in a web browser? Are you syncing your photos to the cloud? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro! It shows you how to use the full Lightroom CC ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also learn the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily.

Making the filter selections stay when changing Albums

rogsonl

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom CC version: 2.1.1 [ 20181211-1217-31970e4 ] (Dec 11 2018)
Operating System
Windows 10
I would like to be able to change albums without manually setting the filter each time. I have selected for Reject for those images I will eventually delete, and marked with one star those which have been assigned to one or more albums. As I make a second pass through my albums, I have to repetitively re filter which wastes time and is annoying.
Classic has this capability, does CC?
This is even more apparent when you are searching for pictures related to one of a group of pictures since re-selecting a dozen people every time makes filtering impossible.

LouieSherwin

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
In the Grid module there is a little padlock icon in the very right of the filter bar. Click this so the padlock is closed. If the Filter bar is not visible press the "\" (backslash) key to toggle it on and off. This will cause the current filter settings to stay when selecting different sources from the left panel.

-louie

rogsonl

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Right, it was learning about the former (Classic) capability that led me to ask about the latter capability.