• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

MAKING SELECTIONS USING A DEPTH MASK ON IOS / page 237 in Victorias LR CC Book

Lightroom Version
V.4.41 62A64D
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave, iOS
Hello all & Support Team,
now I have received my new iPhone 11 PRO and tried the first portrait shots. I can change the artifical blur in the iPhone Photo App, but I want to use the Selective Tool in LR CC Cloud as well like Victoria has described it on page 237 in her great LR CC book.
Has Adobe switched it off in last release ? Or do I need to switch it on? Have not found any switch in app setup.
:)
Peter

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi Peter and welcome!

You will likely just need to wait for the iPhone 11 series to be supported by Lightroom (Adobe need the physical phones to be released to do the software engineering for them) - they add cameras (and lenses) in the releases regularly made.

Hi Paul, thank you for the welcome :)
yes I hope for November release after the Adobe Max event. But there are a lot of iPhone 10 (X) and XS and XR users. Was this feature available and then removed ?
Peter

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Peter

I currently believe that the iPhone 11 is now supported as of yesterday, 4th November

Mark

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi Paul and Mark,
have tried all I could imagine, but I was not able to see this depth mask in the Lightroom CC Mobile and Desktop. Could it be that this feature is available in USA only? Have switched my iPhone 11 PRO to English language, but this has not helped as well. Could you please test it or ask somebody to test it?
Thank you!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I know that long exposure is currently disabled on the latest iPhones as it was causing crashes, so it may be that the depth mask camera mode is also disabled. Go to Settings (cog icon) > Technology Preview and see if you can turn depth mode on?

Yes Victoria, I have seen this Technology Preview in previous versions, but in newest version 5.0.0 CD9771 it is no longer there. Not in LR setup and not in LR Camera setup.

Hi Paul, thank you for that information. Could you please share a screenshot to see the navigation path ?
And the LR CC Version. Could be it is a Country issue, because I am in Germany and perhaps should not have such a high sophisticated feature.
Peter

Hi Paul,
On my Android phone I see a Technology Preview under Help and Support (Best photo), but on my iPhone 11 Pro there is no preview menu visible. Ok it is not important and I am still be a happy person (and curious person). Will wait and see what Adobe is releasing next. Thank you very much and have a nice Sunday
Peter

3819C342-DEE5-453B-A147-7A341CDDBC1D.jpeg

Hi Paul,
meanwhile I have found an answer posted by Adobe support. Currently the iPhone 11 is not supported.
OK, the LR Camera is supporting all 3 lenses which not bad.
;)