• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

MacOS Monterey and LRC not the best of friends anymore........

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullkoll

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 11.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I have a somewhat irritating problem with MacOS Monterey version 12.1 and Lightroom Classic 11.1 on my 2018 MacMini.

If I start my computer fresh in the morning and directly open LRC, it starts normally and works fine a whole day if needed.

But..... If I don´t start working with LRC right after the computer has been started, it refuses to start. It shows the splash screen and then it dies. When I try to close it the usual way LRC crashes....... but not the Mac.
Every time this happens I send the crash report to Adobe and Apple gets i automatically.

After the crash, I usually restart the Mac and then directly LRC and everything works OK - as it normally does in the morning after a fresh start of both the Mac and LRC.

I get the same problem if I work with other things a couple of hours in the morning and then try to open LRC - a crash of LRC and a renewed start of the Mac.

Any ideas anyone?

/Kjell

Apparently some process or app that doesn’t start immediately after rebooting your Mac may be causing LrC to crash. You need to find what is running just after you reboot your Mac and then what’s running after a while. It may be spotlight indexing, it may be some of the various Adobe processes, it might be something else.

Try to see what happens if you completely disable the internet: if there a difference it may be something that needs to “call home” that is problematic. Use Little Snitch to monitor your traffic.

Thanks for the tip!
Disabling the Internet just before starting LRC fixed the problem for me ...... without solving it, I suppose!
When LRC has started, I start the Internet again and everything seems to work fine. Good enough for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back