• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Macbook Pro and LR 5-Unable to access photos on computer hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysa

Lightroom Version Number
Light Room 5
Operating System
I have the components listed above and am trying again to use LR. But, the program is not recognizing the photos on the computer which are under "Photos". I can import from a camera disc and will test the external drive tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to get photographs from"Photos" to LR?

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

What are you meaning by not recognizing? You get an error message? what files are they (from what camera too if they are raw files)?

I am unable to import the photos saved on the Mac, but can import when using the disc from current photos. I shoot in JPEG and RAW. The camera is a Nikon D7100.
I do not get an error message or any error message. The program cannot see that there are pictures on the hard drive.
Thank you for your help.

When you try from your Mac, do they appear at all in the Import window? Screenshot perhaps?

Are they photos that have been imported into the "Photos" app first?

For any images that are in the Photos app on you Mac you have to first export then so that Lightroom can find them.

Select the ones you want in your LR catalog then in Photos use File->Export and then either Export to include any edits made in Photos or "Export Unmodified Originals" to get copies of the original image files.

In either case the images are still in Photos.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back