• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 25 June 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.4, Mobile & Desktop (June 2024)? for the bug fixes and new lens profiles. Warning... this is a minor dot release and does NOT fix some of the bugs introduced in 13.3, so if you reverted to 13.2 due to bugs (e.g. sync issues), we'd suggest you stay there for now.

MacBook M3 Trackpad Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe Dave

Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 13.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 14 Sonoma
I have a new MacBook M3, running Sonoma 14.4. Yay. But the trackpad is behaving oddly in Lightroom. (At least so far I think it's only LR.)

Context: Catalog sidebar. Photos are catalogued by date. For example: 2020>1/20; 2/20; 3/20. etc. With each month having subfolders for shooting days or events.

When I click on the dropdown arrow to view the subfolder for a time period, it won't open up unless I have first opened up a subfolder above it. For example, 2021 won't open up to reveal its monthly subfolders unless I have first opened up something above it. Like, oh, say 2020. But once I open up 2020, then everything below it will open up when I click on them. 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, AND their month subfolders all expand. But If I then collapse all of the years, I have to expand the top subfolder again before anything below it will open up.

I've never seen this behavior before. It's got to be a setting somewhere.

That's indeed weird. I'd try resetting the Preferences file.

On a side note, does it work when you plug a mouse into your laptop?

It might also be a problem with the Helper.lrdata package.....this can become corrupted which can then lead to anomalies in the Folders Panel. If resetting the preferences didn't fix it, simply delete the Helper.lrdata package (which will be in the catalog folder), then restart LrC to see if that has fixed the issue.

ONLY delete the "catalogname Helper.lrdata" package, nothing else. It will cause no harm, as the package is recreated on next launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back