• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Mac OS Mojave Update - Yay/Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Ballard

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hello all,

I know there are some issues with Mojave and LR, (and likely other Adobe products), such as LR crashing when switching between Light/Dark modes.

The question I want to ask the Mac users out there, is this: is there any compelling reason to upgrade to Mojave?

Mojave's most compelling feature is the dark mode, so if you're into that, then you should probably upgrade. I didn't think I was but since I upgraded, I run my system in dark mode and I like it a lot. The rest are mostly under the hood improvements. In general, I'd say it's always a good idea to run the latest version of an operating system.

In terms of Adobe I haven't had any problems running their software on Mojave.

Mojave's most compelling feature is the dark mode, so if you're into that, then you should probably upgrade. I didn't think I was but since I upgraded, I run my system in dark mode and I like it a lot. The rest are mostly under the hood improvements. In general, I'd say it's always a good idea to run the latest version of an operating system.

In terms of Adobe I haven't had any problems running their software on Mojave.

Thanks - and I agree it's a good idea to keep any OS current; that's a good point and something I hadn't really considered. I was looking at it more from a benefit to aggravation ratio.

Another vote for Dark Mode on a laptop is the reduced battery consumption.

Works fine for me on MacBook Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back