• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Mac OS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkman53

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR classic 9.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have not updated to the new Mac Os Catalina because of the discussions that plug-ins for LR and Photoshop with not work. Has anyone had an update on this topic.
Thanks,
Wayne

Which plugins? Most will work just fine.

I believe it was the tethering plug-ins that became the issue. Not so much their connection with Lightroom Classic, but rather their ability to connect to the cameras.

Jury is still out last I checked.

Not about plug-ins, but to affirm Lr Classic tethering to Canon on Catalina now works fine.

Nikon tethering just requires a minor workaround, and as Paul said, Canon is now fixed by an OS update. There is a focus point plug-in that's dead. Most other things are working pretty well, although I'm still running into issues with Wacom drivers, which is one to be aware of if you're a Wacom user.

Don't be surprised if Catalina 10.15.4 is released next Tuesday. There could be companion updates for IOS/iPADOS, ....etc.

Nikon tethering just requires a minor workaround, and as Paul said, Canon is now fixed by an OS update. There is a focus point plug-in that's dead. Most other things are working pretty well, although I'm still running into issues with Wacom drivers, which is one to be aware of if you're a Wacom user.
Victoria,

The Focus Points Plugin was updated in the Dec 2019 time frame by the developer and now works with Catalina. I found it by clinking on the weblink in the old plugin from within LRs Plugin Manager. Here's a direct link: Show Focus Points Plugin for Lightroom

Ed

Oh brilliant, thanks for the update Ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back