sharkman53

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR classic 9.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have not updated to the new Mac Os Catalina because of the discussions that plug-ins for LR and Photoshop with not work. Has anyone had an update on this topic.
Thanks,
Wayne

Which plugins? Most will work just fine.

I believe it was the tethering plug-ins that became the issue. Not so much their connection with Lightroom Classic, but rather their ability to connect to the cameras.

Jury is still out last I checked.

Not about plug-ins, but to affirm Lr Classic tethering to Canon on Catalina now works fine.

Nikon tethering just requires a minor workaround, and as Paul said, Canon is now fixed by an OS update. There is a focus point plug-in that's dead. Most other things are working pretty well, although I'm still running into issues with Wacom drivers, which is one to be aware of if you're a Wacom user.

Don't be surprised if Catalina 10.15.4 is released next Tuesday. There could be companion updates for IOS/iPADOS, ....etc.

Nikon tethering just requires a minor workaround, and as Paul said, Canon is now fixed by an OS update. There is a focus point plug-in that's dead. Most other things are working pretty well, although I'm still running into issues with Wacom drivers, which is one to be aware of if you're a Wacom user.
Victoria,

The Focus Points Plugin was updated in the Dec 2019 time frame by the developer and now works with Catalina. I found it by clinking on the weblink in the old plugin from within LRs Plugin Manager. Here's a direct link: Show Focus Points Plugin for Lightroom

Ed

Oh brilliant, thanks for the update Ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back