• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Mac OS Big Sur Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitjv

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
v10.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
What is the consensus of this forum regarding the compatibility of LR Classic v10.2 with Mac OS Big Sur? I am currently running Mac OS Catalina. Thank you so much.

I have been running BigSur and Lightroom Classic v10 since both came out. I have not detected any significant problems.

Earlier versions of V10.x and MacOS 11.x Did have problems for some people, but the current versions (MacOS 11.2.3 and LrC v10.2) seem to be stable for critical production work.

No problems at all. Been on Big Sur since it was released.

Waiting for ACR and LrC to be updated to Universal apps that can run on Apple Silicon native mode like PS can do.

I had issues mainly in the develop module with v 10.1 and 10.1.1 and had to revert to version version 10.0 for close to 2.5 months. Things are stable in 10.2.
The forums are quiet now pretty free of complaints.

New version of Big Sur came out Monday..11.3. I have not upgraded to it on my personal machine yet, but it does have an important security fix. I doubt the update will cause issues, but I tend to wait a week. If you update now, you will get the latest version

New version of Big Sur came out Monday..11.3. I have not upgraded to it on my personal machine yet, but it does have an important security fix. I doubt the update will cause issues, but I tend to wait a week. If you update now, you will get the latest version
MacOS Updated automatically overnight for me and now Lightroom Classic has the left and right panel but the main center panel is black but clickable. This is essentially useless until there is some fix or I figure out what has happened.

MacOS Updated automatically overnight for me and now Lightroom Classic has the left and right panel but the main center panel is black but clickable. This is essentially useless until there is some fix or I figure out what has happened.
I exited Lightroom Classic and restarted and the various panels opened normally as expected.

With the release of info on the new iMac 24" and a Beta OS out now. I am hoping that M1 support will be soon. Seems an incredible time they have been working on it. Getting impatient now stuck on 9.4.

Rob

Since Catalina has been working fine, me thinks that I'll wait a bit before upgrading to Big Sur. I don't see any compelling reason to do so at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back