Mac no Longer supporting 32 bit programs with future versions of Mohave

Karjon

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 6
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Has anyone else received a warning from Apple that any 32 bit programs will no long be compatible with your Mac once further versions on Mojave come out. IF so does anyone know if Adobe has a fix for this or how to contact Adobe to find out

JohanElzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Nothing to worry about. Just ignore it. Everyone gets that message. You do not have to contact Adobe about it, because they know this too. Most Adobe applications are 64 bits already, the 32 bits apps that are still supported will no doubt be updated before the next version of MacOS X (not the next update of Mojave!) comes out.

Of course Lightroom 6 is no longer supported however...

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Developers and people are getting notified well ahead of time so everyone is ready for the next OS update.

Karjon

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Has anyone else received a warning from Apple that any 32 bit programs will no long be compatible with your Mac once further versions on Mojave come out. IF so does anyone know if Adobe has a fix for this or how to contact Adobe to find out
My problem is I have Lightroom 6 stand alone version not the cloud CC

JohanElzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
My problem is I have Lightroom 6 stand alone version not the cloud CC
As long as you use MacOS X Mojave, you have nothing to worry about. The problem arises when you would upgrade to the next version of MacOS X, due end of next year. Then you have two choices. Either don’t upgrade MacOS X, or upgrade Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic.

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
That shouldn't matter. There is a 64-bit version of that release, and I suspect you're already using it. The 32-bit version of Lightroom is just about unusable, anyway.

clee01l

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I assume he’s asking this because he got the warning message for Lightroom 6. Maybe an old plugin that isn’t 64 bit?
You also get the warning if you subscribe to the Photography plan and are running the Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager. I've gotten the warning twice since I upgrades to Mojave. I'm not sure what triggers the warning message, but in my case it is clearly coming from Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager..

JohanElzenga

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
You also get the warning if you subscribe to the Photography plan and are running the Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager. I've gotten the warning twice since I upgrades to Mojave. I'm not sure what triggers the warning message, but in my case it is clearly coming from Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager..
Interesting. I don't remember having seen that warning for any Adobe products, but I must admit I click it away without really looking at it.