• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

(Mac) Messed-up preferences... symptom: right-click on an image doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardkaufmann

Hi,

I have an odd symptom. Right-clicking generally doesn't work. In Library mode, right click on an image does nothing. In Develop, it immediately gives me a "Copy Settings" dialog, and when I Cancel, I then get the right click menu.

OS X 1'.5 and 1'.6 (problem still there)
LR 2.5 (problem existed in 2.4, and in fact has been around for a while)

I did a fresh install on my notebook, and of course, the problem isn't there. SO: something is wrong with a preferences file someplace, or somehow a characteristic of my catalog. Anybody have an idea where it is, and how to reset it? I've tried the obvious thing, e.g. uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks!

Richard Kaufmann

Do you have a spare keyboard you could try ? maybe a key is stuck down. May sound daft but it happened to me on a work PC and it took a while to find the problem.

It could also be something in the keyboard or mouse settings on the Mac... numlock / caps lock ??

Which mouse are you using ? does it have it's own driver settings ?

Re: (Mac) Messed-up preferences... symptom: right-click on an image doesn't wor

Try a new catalog and see if it persists.If it does next try removing the preferences temporarily.

I tried a new catalog, and the problem did not go away.

I went into /users/[user]/Library/Preferences and temporarily moved "com.adobe.Lightroom2.plist" and "com.adobe.Lightroom2.SSharedFileList.plist", re-opened Lightroom, and... the problem's still there. I then quite LR2, restored my preference files, and reopened LR2. The problem is still there.

It has to be something silly, but darned if I can figure it out!

Regards,

Richard

And sizzlingbadger: Thanks for the suggestions. No problem with the keyboard, the mouse (a Wacom Intuos3 using the mouse tool), or numlock, capslock, etc. Up-to-date drivers for all.

The preferences (com.adobe.Lightroom2.plist) are in User/Library/preferences. You can just rename them by adding something like v1 (com.adobe.Lightroom2 v1.plist) and moving them to the desktop. LR will generate a new one upon opening.Try that........

Sorry, Geoff -- you must have been typing your reply as I was editing my note. As you can see, I tried moving the preference files.

I went into /users/[user]/Library/Preferences and temporarily moved "com.adobe.Lightroom2.plist" and "com.adobe.Lightroom2.SSharedFileList.plist", re-opened Lightroom, and... the problem's still there. I then quite LR2, restored my preference files, and reopened LR2. The problem is still there.
Didn't fix the problem.

Thanks,

Richard

I created another account, switched to it, and opened up LR. It created a new catalog, I dropped a pic into it...

And the problem is still there.

To say this is maddening is an understatement.

Cheers,

Richard

[quote author=richardkaufmann link=topic=7841.msg53589#msg53589 date=12531'9732]
And the problem is still there.
[/quote]

It's my problem!

Identical. They are approximately six months that I have this problem.

Best Regards

Gian Mario

You haven't reprogrammed the right button of your mouse to do some funky operation like CMD Click or Shift CMD Click have you?

Nope. Double-checked the wacom preferences, and "right" means "right"!

Interesting to see someone else is afflicted!

[quote author=richardkaufmann link=topic=7841.msg5372'#msg5372' date=1253281383]
Nope. Double-checked the wacom preferences, and "right" means "right"!

Interesting to see someone else is afflicted!
[/quote]

I wonder if Gian Mario is using a Wacom tablet too. Are the driver to your tablet up to date?

I have an Intuos3 6x11-- with the latest drivers: 6.1.1-2.

Right-clicking in any other applications works just fine.

OK, that showed something:

Every time I do a right-click, this gets logged:

9/2'/'9 1':41:56 AM Adobe Lightroom 2[412'3] AgCommand.performCommandID could not perform command: ag.edit.copy

Upon startup, I get a whine as well:

9/2'/'9 1':39:53 AM Adobe Lightroom 2[412'3] *** WARNING: Method selectRow:byExtendingSelection: in class AgNSTableView is deprecated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.

I checked on my Macbook Air (which doesn't show the problem). It gets the same deprecation warning, but does not get the ag.edit.copy error.

I tried googl'ing for "ag.edit.copy," and didn't find anything...

Thanks!

Nice idea, but I'm running Snow Leopard (1'.6). In fact, the bug survived the upgrade from Leopard, so I suspect even a combo update wouldn't help me.

Great idea, though!

I wonder if Gian Mario is using a Wacom tablet too. Are the driver to your tablet up to date?
[/quote]

I don't use a Wacom tablet.

Thanks

gmb

hmmm that really is strange. The only option I can think of (that I would try) is to do an erase and install of SL instead of an upgrade. I know this is a lot of work but I guess it may have come to these extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back