• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export M1 MAX export times from LrC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary_11

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi guys,

Interested to hear your thoughts on my latest speeds of export from my most recent catalog. MacBook Pro M1 MAX 16", 64GB ram, 2 tb storage with 1.5 tb free. Exporting full size JPEGS at 100% quality.

514 images in total, 302 of which from Sony A7Riii (42.4mp) and 212 of which were from the Sony A7iii (24mp)

My total export time was 15 minutes and 17 seconds.

From any of you using this type of machine (or maybe the lower models), does this time seem about right? Maybe I am expecting too much but this seems very slow having seen a study showing the 32gb version exporting 1000 photos 45mp in just under 19 minutes.

Many thanks
Gary

This is as expected. I just tried exporting 120 images (Sony A7R III camera, original images stored on an external spinning disk) and got just over 4 minutes. That test was probably done with the original images on the internal disk.

From any of you using this type of machine (or maybe the lower models), does this time seem about right? Maybe I am expecting too much but this seems very slow having seen a study showing the 32gb version exporting 1000 photos 45mp in just under 19 minutes.

The problem with trying to compare export timings is ensuring that you are comparing apples with apples, not apples with oranges. Unless you can duplicate the exact setups then the test results may be meaningless as there are many factors which could have an effect on the final score. One of the biggest influences would be edit settings, as they can have a huge influence on an export.....so was that 1000 image test run using edited or unedited files? And what about your 514 export test, were they edited or not? And if both were edited, were the edits the same? And so on....

I just exported 300 raw unedited files from a Canon EOS R (30mp) which took about 8 minutes. Exporting another 300 images from the same camera, but with a develop preset applied, took almost twice as long...which is not unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back