• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Luminar 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

pknoot

CarpeBella Photography
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Has anyone tried Luminar 2018 yet? I bought it for $49 (since I already own Aurora HDR) and started experimenting with it. There are a number of very cool filters and effects that complement LR very well. I'm using it both as stand-alone and plug-in for LR and PS. I would be interested in other opinions!

Have you had time to play yet Peter? The offers keep coming through, but I haven't got time to play for a while.

Used Luminar on Mac from the 2017 version. It is an ok plugin and it does bring some very useable filters to the party. They do tend to be a bit OTT at their default so dialling back is often useful (less is more). That said the more proficient I get in LR the less I find a need for Luminar and with Lr developing into the world of profiles Luminar has moved from a must have to a nice to have sometimes. There have been other debates on here about Skylum so I'll leave this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back