• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

lrtemplate to XMP Meta Data Converter - Lightroom Classic > Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrank

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
Hi I have posted this already in Adobe's Forum, but not sure if I will get some good input. More active here.

Does anybody knows a software, plugin, script or action to convert meta data (IPTC / Geo data) presets from Lightroom Classic (.lrtemplate) to meta data presets for Bridge/Photoshop (.xmp) in a batch process?

I could do it manual with picture by picture, but I'm to lazy to convert 170 Lightroom meta data presets aka templates.
This way I also get the GPS data better into Bridge, which doesn’t works so good.

An allroud converter for any Digital Asset Management software would be great.

I've never seen anything like that, and I'd be surprised to find if someone had created something. Where they use both apps, people tend to use one or the other as the key place to enter metadata. mostly LR as it does so many things better. 170 metadata presets also strikes me as a lot, almost defeating the purpose of presets! So I really doubt you will find anything helpful.

I've never seen anything like that, and I'd be surprised to find if someone had created something. Where they use both apps, people tend to use one or the other as the key place to enter metadata. mostly LR as it does so many things better. 170 metadata presets also strikes me as a lot, almost defeating the purpose of presets! So I really doubt you will find anything helpful.
Thanks for your answer. Well my idea using Bridge again to mimic a bit PhotoMechanic. which still lacks needed Digital Asset Management features and as well templates / presets with IPTC + Geo data. I would like to be independent from any Digital Asset Management software and get the XMP sidecars better outside of them. I'm just too lazy to build all these meta data presets again and again;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back