LRCC not starting - wrong CC version running??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minivini

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I'm one of those not having any luck getting LRCC to start. I've done the whole log out/in thing numerous times, reinstalled, and reinstalled CC.

What I just noticed in task manager is that it indicates that Creative Cloud 32 bit is running on my 64 bit machine. Any chance this could be the hang up? Been at this a while and getting very frustrated.

Previously running licensed 5.7 with no issues, and while it was connected to my CC account, it is the stand-alone version. It's 64 bit.

Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated.

Have you re-booted? I know it sounds balmy but I have seen a lot of people on another forum having all sorts of trouble until they rebooted their machines. Good luck! I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I am will chime in.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've rebooted twice. Thinking about giving up for the evening and logging in to a bottle of wine at this point.

Rats. Too bad. How about un-installing and re-installing? (while you decant the wine)

Not Tequila! Think of your poor stomach? And your head! heh.

Good luck with Lr.

Same problem here, my CC says 32 bits. I see nothing at all happening when I invoke LR 6, but LR 5.7.1 still runs fine.

What's odd is I installed this on a different PC first as a test, specifically a Surface Pro (version 1). It worked beautifully there, which encouraged me to install here.

Can you open CC on your Surface Pro and tell me if it shows 32 bit or 64? That's what I'm having trouble on. Runs 5.7 very well.

Can you open CC on your Surface Pro and tell me if it shows 32 bit or 64? That's what I'm having trouble on. Runs 5.7 very well.

32. I don't think the actual CC application (I'm assuming that is what you are referring to) is only 32 bits, I saw no sign of a 64 bit one when I installed.

LRCC/LR6 is 64bit. The Adobe Desktop CC App manager could conceivably be 32 bit on windows but this will have no bearing on the 64 bit LR app.

LRCC/LR6 is 64bit. The Adobe Desktop CC App manager could conceivably be 32 bit on windows but this will have no bearing on the 64 bit LR app.

Yes, it is 32bit.

Same problem here. I have LR 5.7.1 standalone installed and working fine and also have CC licence. Downloaded LR CC 2015 with Creative Cloud which reported that installation was successful. LR CC 2015 will not start although LR 5.7.1 still works fine. Have uninstalled and done complete shut down and restart with no luck. Running Win 8.1 64-bit. I guess I'll wait until this bug is solved...

Hi, jcking, welcome to the forum.

Have you actually done the logout/login routine in your CC desktop app? Note, quitting and restarting won't fix it, but logging out and back in might.

HI Jim, Yes, I just downloaded CC2015 again and did logout/login on CC desktop app (did not re start Windows) but that did not work. I know that this has been a solution for some others but not for everyone. This is the first time I've had an issue with LR updates in 5 years... usually it is perfectly smooth and seamless. I don't think I have any unusual settings applied.

Try logging out of the CC app, then reboot the system, then log back in to the CC app, then try Lightroom again.

Thanks Jim. That worked. Did proper sign out then a complete cold boot. LR CC2015 is updating my catalog now so it should be okay from here. I discovered one error I was making--- assuming that "Quit" in CC desktop equals "Sign Out". Some people may be making the same mistake. The proper Sign Out process in CC desktop is GearIcon > Preferences > Sign Out. I'm probably not the only person making that mistake... Thanks for your help.
-John

Similar problem on a Mac - I signed out the CC desktop app (that's in preferences). Then I started LR CC - which asked me then to login - which I did and everything started up properly - and incidentally logged in the CC desktop app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back