• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • We are delighted to announce that Single Sign On has just gone live, so you'll no longer have to remember multiple login details for this site. Most existing passwords have been carried over, but if your password doesn't work, you can reset it using the Lost My Password link. Your current forum username is Guest. You're welcome to choose your preferred username here.
  • Are you using Lightroom CC on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV or in a web browser? Are you syncing your photos to the cloud? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro! It shows you how to use the full Lightroom CC ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also learn the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily.

LRcc mobile - iPhone v iPad Pro

chrishowe

Lightroom Version
LR cc latest
Operating System
iOS
Recently I moved my 66,000 photos (amateur hobbyist that needs to clean up lots of old photos one day) from LR Classic desktop (very confusing these various LR names) to LRcc, using 1.5Tb of Adobe cloud storage (costs but saves me worrying about backups). I am now traveling and foolishly assumed that all of those desktop adjustments would be available on mobile, especially for iPad Pro. I have now been playing with LRcc mobile for a couple of weeks, and was disappointed not to find certain things on iPad Pro version (I may not have found them yet). Yesterday whilst sitting with a beer I thought I would try on my iPhone - I was surprised to see that there seem to be more adjustments on iPhone than on iPad!?? For example this morning I have been using the graduated filter on iPhone, which is great. Am I missing something? Should iPhone be the same as iPad? Will Adobe make it the same one day?

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
As far as I know (I don't have an iPad Pro), the edit tools should be the same. Certainly comparing my iPhone with my iPad, the linear gradient can be found in the same place, i.e. under the Selective tool icon.

chrishowe

As far as I know (I don't have an iPad Pro), the edit tools should be the same. Certainly comparing my iPhone with my iPad, the linear gradient can be found in the same place, i.e. under the Selective tool icon.
Aha, thanks for that Jim - you gave me the impetus to search the screen again - now found (little circle on RHS, then hit “+” on LHS and there is the option for a grad!

johnbeardy

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
but saves me worrying about backups
Just pause for thought there, Chris. For example, imagine this scenario - you delete some photos in LRCC and then change your mind, or maybe do it by accident. What would you do next week when you realize your mistake?

chrishowe

Ah good point - will reconsider!