• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LRC twin display on iMac and Eizo cs2420 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipaground

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi, I have the above set uo. The Eizo is calibrated and connected to the iMac via T2 and display port. The T2 is daisychained through a couple of LaCie and WD HDDs. The iMac has 24GB of RAM and a video card with 2GB on board. I use the iMac screen as the home for the LRC tools and adjustments and reserve the Eizo screen for seeing what the end result of adjustments should look like.

The problem is the Eizo has started showing files a little bit fuzzy, as if they are a little bit unfocussed. I just wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if so, have you found a solution? I am comparing like with like - I mean the magnification if any is the same in the iMac version of the picture as the one displayed on the Eizo. The Eizo isn't otherwise unfocussed. I have to admit I'm puzzled. Should I cut out the daisy chaining? It means another lot of cables to buy/route of course with no idea whether it would be effective.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any advice offered.
John

Aha, now I've found a thread on this forum about it which seems to have lasted for 6 months. I guess I'll have to figure out how to downgrade to LR 10.1. That's going to be an adventure. Like a fool I said I'd edit some images for a client in time for tomorrow.

I would eliminate the daisy chain between the iMac and the Enzo to see of that eliminates the problem. If it does, I would add one external device between the iMac and the Enzo to see if the problem re appears. I would repeat this with each external device it isolate perhaps one defective external device. Next I would repeat the test with two external devices and so forth until all external devices are in the daisy chain.

Some other things to consider. Do each of the devices in the daisy chain have their own separate power supply? My thought at are the loss of power by the time the video signal reaches the end of the chain.

Are you limited to TB2 out of the iMac?

I have a variety of TB2 and TB3 devices coming off of my TB3 iMac. They are attached thusly from the iMac port:

1. TB3 EHD
2. TB3 EHD
3. TB3 EHD with USB3 port, Display Port, GigaBit Ethernet and TB3 port
4. TB3>TB2 adapter
5. TB2 EHD
6. TB2 EHD with USB3 port
7. USB3 EHD
Coming off the 3# EHD is my 2nd Monitor attached to the display port. Also my Gigibit Ethernet reaches my iMac via this EHD enclosure.

Display port connectors are of two types. The larger is about the size of the standard HDMI port but shaped differently. The smaller is the same as the TB2 port. Which plug do you have at the Enzo? Cable length can also play a part in weak signal. Have you tried shorter cables between the daisy chained devices? The shortest effective cables are about 0.5m .
The next thing to consider is have you got a bad cable somewhere in the daisy chain?

And finally, I can’t find a reference, but there may be a LRC bug report related to your issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks CLee for that full reply. Yes I've found that thread and will post the http below for convenience in case someone finds this thread but not that one.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/comm...-monitor-with-latest-lightroom-classic.42570/
It seems the blurring or fuzziness isn't a new problem - goes back to 10.2. I have indeed only got T2 and have borrowed a cable so that I can connect straight from the iMac to the Eizo. It makes a bit of a difference, but you know... not really. All of my cables are a meter or less and I think probably of decent quality. I don't buy the cheapo ones. All my HDDS are individually powered.

Thanks again for your thoughts
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back