• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LRC quits after login splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbabe

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic, v 10.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
jI had to reinstall the OS (Mac 11.6.2) for a number of reasons. Now, when I try to open LR, the backup window opens as if I was ending a session . When I choose not to backup the catalog, or even if I do, the app quits. This is new behavior. Any suggestions?

Is your Lightroom Classic up to date? V11.x

If so, delete or rename preference to force Lightoom to create a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back